Excerpts from above website:
Each browser tab in Chrome is its own isolated process, which gives us great isolation and many security benefits.
An average DNS lookup takes 60~120ms, followed by a full round-trip (RTT) to perform the TCP handshake – combined, that creates 100-200ms of latency before we can even send the request!
- chrome://network-action-predictor – omnibox predictor stats (tip: check ‘Filter zero confidences’)
- chrome://net-internals/#sockets – current socket pool status
- chrome://net-internals#dns – Chrome’s in-memory DNS cache
- chrome://histograms/DNS – histograms of your DNS performance
- chrome://dns – startup prefetch list and subresource host cache